Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Moments That Make It All Worth It




These are the images and the moments that make it all worth it: the sleepless nights, the utter mental exhaustion brought on by dealing with yet another tantrum, playing referee during sibling disagreements, the continual counting to maintain one's cool, the innumerable amount of diapers changed, and the potty training stories that would make a grown man run screaming for the hills. I know when I look at my sweet children that when I reminisce about their childhood years from now, I will never think about the tough times. I will remember tucking them in at night, reading stories, sweet and sticky kisses, little hands wrapped around my fingers, little arms wrapped around my neck, and sweet voices saying, "I love you Mama!" Knowing this makes me realize that I don't need to wait until then, I need to find those special moments every day and savor them; every day has good, bad, and sometimes the very ugly (I'm envisioning the soiled crib sheet I found waiting for me when I went to get Emma up from her nap)! There are also days that are filled with special moments that make motherhood worth it, sometimes it just means rummaging through the chaos of the day to find them!


0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties