It is the battle that has been raging inside of me all week!
He leaves and the battle begins!
Mr. Pessimist says, "I HATE this! I am so tired of him leaving for work! I feel like a single parent!"
Mr. Optimist says, "We are lucky that he has a job in these hard economic times, and that it is a good one! This is also his last trip for a long time."
Mr. Pessimist says, "Why didn't these blasted fish just die a few weeks ago?!! How did they even make it this long! Why in the world did we even let the kids have these? I thought they would make it a week, tops! I wish Rich was here to do this!"
Mr. Optimist says, "It's a good thing you came in the kitchen when you did! You wouldn't have been able to save the fish otherwise."
Mr. Pessimist says, "I wish these kids could just make themselves lunch; I need a nap, and a break!"
Mr. Optimist says, "At least you were able to go to the pool and have some fun; it also made some of the time Rich is gone go a little faster!"
Mr. Pessimist says, "So sick! Why as a mother do I have to deal with so much bodily excrement?!!!!! Now I am going to have to not only get Emma cleaned off, but scrub the tub down with Comet before Braden can take a bath!"
Mr. Optimist: "I've got nothing!" (See sometimes I even stump Mr. Optimist!)
Mr. Pessimist says, "These kids are so ungrateful sometimes! Don't they understand all the work I put in day in and day out?!!!! It's not going to kill them to do their part and be part of the team. Where is that consequence jar of mine?"
Mr. Optimist says, "This is hard, but they will learn valuable life lessons; it will be worth it in the end."
Mr. Pessimist says, "What is this, like the 100th time she has told on him today?!!!! Can't they solve any of their problems without a referee?!"
Mr. Optimist says, "At least she feels like she can come to me when she needs something."
Mr. Pessimist says, "Why can't I just have five minutes of peace? Why can't I just take a day off?"
Mr. Optimist says, "Be grateful you have been blessed with your beautiful children. One day you will miss this time you have with them!"
Mr. Pessimist says, "Oops, did I do that?"












6 comments:
I love the way this ended. However, you must send a search party for Mr. Optimist because without his influence, you will surely turn into an unpleasant, complaining harpy whose children and husband avoid whenever possible.
P.S. Aunt Ann and I were traveling to see Mike and Lisa yesterday, and we were talking about how even thought we're older and showing it, we wouldn't want to go back to any stage of our lives to relive them. After a few minutes of conversation, she said that she almost felt sorry for pregnant women because she knew what was in store for her...not the delivery but the sleep deprivation, the poop in the bathtub, the tattling, the squabbles, the food preparation, the laundry, etc. We both LOVE being mothers. The point is that we also know that being mother is the hardest, most challenging, thankless, never-ending work a woman will ever do.
Please overlook the typos above. Oops.
For Emma pooping in the tub, Mr. Optimist could say: "At least I know my kids have nice, healthy bowels." Haha!
This post is LAUGH OUT LOUD funny! Thanks for sharing your humor about the stress of being a mom - espcially one pulling solo duty for a while! I can totally relate to a number of these - especially the one about tattling these days. And Mr. Pessimist has such violent tendencies... makes me wonder about you. :) Thanks again for the laughs!
Seriously, you are hilarious! Where do you come up with your ideas?! haha I read it aloud to Casey and he thought is was funny, too. Love those kids!
PS Did you get my email that I sent you on Facebook?
Post a Comment