As I look at these pictures of my children, I am filled with so much pride, but the pride is bittersweet. In these pictures my children are cutting up strawberries to make jam and decorating cards; they are in fact trying to put a smile on someone's face, herein lies the bittersweet. A week ago tomorrow, my dear friend LaNae found out that her mother had died, quite unexpectedly. It was the perfect opportunity to teach the children lessons about death, the resurrection, eternal families, friendship, Christlike love, and service. The children were thrilled to have the opportunity to help cheer up someone they care so much about, and I was so proud to see their Christlike love in action; I'm glad they were able to bring LaNae some joy amongst her pain, bittersweet. It also let me know, that I need to look for more opportunities that will allow them to use their talents, gifts, and time to serve others. 

Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Bittersweet Pride
Posted by
Carrie Maseda
at
11:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. I'm glad you are using the opportunity to teach truth. I'll bet it was jummy jam too. I noticed that Brooke's bow is matching her dress today. For a moment I thought she had a wooden tongs in her hair and then realized it was your utensil jar.
Post a Comment