If you haven't read this book, it is a must read if you have children. It talks about how children have five languages of love, and to show love to your child you have to discover their primary love language. I think we have discovered Braden's primary love language, Words of Affirmation. Receiving compliments makes his little face light up and makes him stand just a little taller. He also likes to give compliments a.k.a. Words of Affirmation to his family. Braden usually compliments me two to three times a day, even if sometimes there is little to work with, case in point, this morning. This morning I was looking rough, we are talking, "Don't you dare get near me with a camera, or else!" I was sporting the bed hair, still got the glasses on, going to clean before getting ready for the day look. We are talking, a face only a mother or a madly in love husband could love, and they do, thankfully. Anyway, Rich, the cuties, and I are sitting at the table getting ready to dine on our late breakfast of pancakes and bacon, when I notice Braden staring intently at me. I knew he was contemplating something, but I wasn't sure what until he said, "Mama, I like your glasses." I guess I didn't give the boy much to work with this morning; he did the best he could with what he had. I think that boy deserves a bundle of Words of Affirmation just for his ingenuity and quick thinking. What do you think?
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Words of Affirmation
Posted by
Carrie Maseda
at
9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
I think he's very perceptive about what people need too...or about how to make them feel better. Would you say that quality time is his second language?
Post a Comment