Thursday, September 4, 2008

Braden the Casanova

For whatever reason Braden always seems to be drawn to the ladies, not that I'm complaining; I am just a little worried about his teenage years. Well, tomorrow is picture day, so he doesn't have to wear his uniform; before going to bed tonight he wanted to pick something out, so I went into his room and showed him some of his options, most of which he vetoed. I finally left him with his choices to select, and told him that he had some more choices in his drawer. Approximately five minutes later, Braden emerges from his room carrying three button up shirts in hand and poses the question, "Which one of these shirts do you think Amanda and Bianca would like the best?" Rich looked at me and said, "That is your son; have fun." (you may have guessed, fashion is not Rich's area of expertise) So Braden and I went to my room with his three shirts, where my full length mirror is, and held each shirt up to him one by one. Braden asked, "What do you think? Does this look good?" I told him, "They all look good on you Braden; you have to decide which one you like the best." Finally Braden decided on the light blue shirt, which was a very good choice considering those big baby blues of his. With the decision made and the problem solved, or at least I thought, we placed his selection across the back of the couch for me to iron in the morning. Braden quickly let me know that the problem was indeed not solved when he said, "Mama, now I need some pants to wear." First we had to decide on pants or shorts, shorts were quickly selected and laid on the bench by the shirt. Braden looked at the two pair of shorts I had laid out for him, touched the first pair and said, "Gross!" and then touched the second pair and said, "Yes, these are the best; I want to wear these." Of course with my luck as it is, he picked a pair that was dirty, so I am now washing his shorts as I type; he has to look good for Amanda and Bianca don't you know!?! Think our evening of prepping for the big picture day was over? No, Braden still wanted me to dry his hair; he got a little spoiled by my mama this past weekend. After his hair was dry and combed, he informed me that in the morning he also wanted to smell good; I let him know that we would indeed put some cologne on him. He also asked if his hair would mess up while he was sleeping, and I reassured him that I would do his hair again in the morning; Braden wants to look good for Amanda and Bianca, so that is just what he will do. I'll just make sure to have a little talk with him in the morning, as I gel his hair, that looking good on the inside is more important than his outwardly appearance; can't have the little Casanova getting too out of hand!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Whiz! What a lot of forethought he put into this. I recall when his mama was in kindergarten having her first pictures made. Seems that I had to go home, get a certain dress, bring it to the school, redress you, and then braid part of your hair so that it would look just right.

The Cutie Patooties