Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Hero~Mommy

Did you know that if you hunt down and ruthlessly kill a giant flying cockroach your kids will think you are a hero? They will sing your praises and thank you for saving them; hero worship will abound, believe me I know. Last night I killed said giant flying cockroach (loathsome creatures), and now I can do no wrong in my children's eyes, at least for now. I guess I will just revel in the hero worship while I can, mothers get so little of that.


*Just as a little added note: After the killing was done, Braden asked if he could take the nasty carcass (yes, I know roaches don't have carcasses, but it sounds so dramatic) to school to show everyone. In an effort to save everyone and continue my hero duties, I promptly flushed the vile creature down the toilet, never to plague us again (I think his teacher and classmates would thank me)! Here I come to save the day, Super Mama, Super Mama, armed with a fly swatter and a shoe, she is unstoppable!!!!! (and so modest to boot :) )

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties