Monday, August 4, 2008

What was he thinking?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Okay, I have a question, what possesses a five year old boy to think that using two glass nail polish bottles to make music would be a good idea? Any answers? I mean really, you find yourself banging two nail polish bottles against each other, do you look down at your hands and think, "Hey, this is pretty cool; I am glad I thought of this!" Of course, that is until the inevitable happens, one of the glass bottles brakes sending nail polish all over your mother's bedroom carpet. My next question is how do you not want to kill your son after that? How do you keep from looking at him and saying, "What in the world were you thinking?" "Were you thinking?" Maintaining self control becomes even harder when he simply explains, "I was just trying to make music." Is he nuts? Is he trying to make me crazy? Or is he trying to see how white trash he can make my carpet? Was it not bad enough that he already christened my carpet with a Now and Later in October?! Is nothing sacred? I'm sorry, I refuse to give in and let my house look like a looney bin. I am determined to teach my children to respect belongings and property, even if it means I loose a little sanity along the way. Well, if you excuse me, I have to see if I can get the nail polish out; if not I have my trusty scissors in hand, because an area where the carpet is a little shorter is better than bright pink polish lines, at least in my book. Wish me luck!

(By the way, for those wondering what I was doing during Braden's music experiment, I was helping Brooke clean her room; I was in fact not kicked back eating bon bons, but that is what I wish I could do right now. Well, maybe not eat bon bons, but a nap would be nice, very nice!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, this brings back memories. Remember when we moved into the house in QC, and your dad and I bought this absolutely beautiful wool rug for the foyer? Do you remember what happened to it shortly after this time? If I'm not mistaken, one of your adorable friends dropped some nail polish on it. I was so upset...and incredulous that it had happened and that I couldn't do anything about it. Yes, Yes, I know that things aren't as important as people, but at the same time, it's important to respect other people's possessions.

small town Hood said...

I have one that tops that( in my book at least) Ainslee drew on my bedroom carpet with a permanant marker. It won't come out all the way we now have a discolored its kinda black and yellowish. Or when she got into my food coloring and rubbed it all over her legs then walked all over the house. Also, while I was writing this comment she decided it would be fun to dump a whole lot of kool aid mix all over the kitchen floor. sorry for venting.

Heather

I am LoW said...

When we very first moved into this house my girls spilled (broke) a deep purple nail polish right in the middle of the family room. I shampooed, applied nail polish remover, repeated over and over and it looked like it was permanent, then I repeated it all over and over some more. Miracualously, I pulled the carpet cleaner back and it was gone. Just like that.

Putz said...

i am assuming you are lds like your mom, you reallly look like the temple married family

Carrie Maseda said...

Yes, I am LDS as well; thank you for the compliment. I guess that means my family and I look happy, and that means all the work I put into my family and my home is paying off. Being a mother and a wife are the hardest jobs I have ever had, but they are the most rewarding.

The Cutie Patooties