Well, last week the cuties and I traveled back to Myrtle Beach to spend a week with my sister. Luckily the trip there was fairly uneventful; Brooke even learned a new vocabulary word along the way. As we were riding down 378, Brooke suddenly exclaims, "Look Mama, it is where dead people go to live!" I looked over to discover that Brooke was pointing at a cemetery, so I quickly explained that we call those cemeteries.
Anyway, the trip was spent going to the beach, the pool, playing a Wii for the first time, lots of eating together, and just having fun as a family.
Monday: We arrived, hung out with Elizabeth at her house, and then went to get Central Park hamburgers. For those who have not experienced Central Park hamburgers, you don't know what you are missing! I spent many teenage days going through the drive thru of Central Park, making sure not to forget a order of fries on the side (their fries beat McDonald's and Burger King any day).
We met Paul (my bro) at Chili's for lunch and then went back to his apartment for a few games on the ol' Wii; I was a Wii newbie, and now I am officially hooked! After a few games of Wii, we swung by the Tanger outlets for a little retail therapy and then headed back to Elizabeth's. Here are a few pictures of the cuties all ready for bed.
We went to the pool, looked at Carla's animals, and then went to Pizza Inn for supper, where Emma ate most of my pizza; that girl has an appetite! We also painted Emma's toenails for the first time; she couldn't stop staring at them and touching them.
Thursday:
We spent the day with Daddy. We went to the beach during the day and at night we dined on delicious Spaghetti a la Daddy. It was great getting to all spend time together: Elizabeth, Daddy, Braden, Brooke, Emma, Paul, Amanda, and I.
Friday:
We had a cookout at Elizabeth's along with a little Christmas in July party.
Saturday:
Mama, the cuties, and I met Buffie and her family at the beach, and Saturday afternoon we went to go see Kung Fu Panda for the 3rd time.
Sunday:
We went to church and spent the day together.
Monday:
We packed up and headed home.
Sorry, I don't have more details; I guess I was enjoying myself too much to write everything down, but I did take some more pictures (not as many as I usually take though). Enjoy!














1 comments:
I always regret that while in Charleston I never made it to Myrtle Beach- one day Ben and I will go back to visit the South and we will have to go with you guys for a trip!
Post a Comment