Friday, July 18, 2008

Cry Me A River

Cry me a river, these days I could probably do just that; I am not typically a weepy or over emotional person, but this pregnancy is just different. Even when I feel the spirit usually, I get overjoyed, want to dance, shout for joy (heaven no, I don't do any of the aforementioned actions, at least not in church, I just feel like doing them), but my first response is never shedding tears. In fact, I remember asking my mama when I was younger if crying on the stand at church meant your testimony was stronger; I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me. I knew that I felt the spirit, but it didn't make me want to cry, it just filled me with so much joy sometimes I felt like my body couldn't contain it. Mama luckily reassured me that a testimony and the spirit effects everyone differently and for some people that means shedding tears. Well, these days the spirit (well the spirit and the cute little stinker growing inside of me) makes me cry, A LOT! It also makes almost everything turn into something spiritual. Several days ago, Braden and I were watching the following video (LOVE the country music videos on youtube), and I start to just ball. I then go off on a,

"You know, Braden, this life is very hard. There are going to be many times that things happen, many times you are going to fall down. We all fall down sometimes. When I lost your big brother Spencer, that was a really hard time for me. It was like I had fallen down, but I knew I had to get back up. I cried, I mourned, and then I got back up to run my race again. Braden we are in a race, and if we get up every time we fall, we as a family will return to Heavenly Father and Jesus' open arms. Being with them again as a family will be the sweetest joy you will ever feel, and it will make everything you and I experience in this life worth it."

You would think Braden would be looking at me like I was a little loopy about now, but he understood everything I had said. He had felt the spirit too (of course he is my tender hearted one). Braden looked at me and said, "When it gets hard, and I fall down, I will get up, dust myself off, and keep going." Then he said, "Can we watch it again?" So here it is for you; I hope you also are touched by the spirit of its message while you watch it. I know many of you have seen and heard it before.
(you'll need to scroll down first and turn the music off for full viewing enjoyment)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful reminder. Thanks for sharing. Braden and his sisters are so fortunate to have you as their mother.

The Cutie Patooties