You always wonder if you made the right decision, Do we or don't we send Braden to preschool? I think in this case sending Braden to preschool was the right decision, the pros far outweigh the cons; the cons however would give a weaker person a serious self concept problem.
Pros:
* Knows all of his letters now
* Is learning his letter sounds
* Finds letters EVERYWHERE now
* Is getting to go on field trips and have new experiences everyday
* Has come out of his shell
Case in Point: We were leaving the restaurant after Daddy's somewhat surprise birthday dinner when Braden looked over and spotted a good looking 20 something girl, and he exclaimed, "Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!" (as if to say hey good looking, what you got cooking?!) We, including the girl, got a good laugh.
*His self confidence continues to grow as he becomes more independent and has more successes
* He has made a ton of new friends
* He is starting to recognize his numbers
* He likes to try to read the words in his books
* Due to his desire to read, we made a book at home that he can read all by himself, I see pink, I see blue, etc.; he loves to read it to whomever will listen.
I could go on and on about all of the pros and positive things we have observed since Braden began preschool, but due to time constraints, we will now move on to the big and bad
Friday, November 30, 2007
The Pros and Cons of Preschool
CON:
HIS ATTITUDE
There are so many examples I could share about his new, not so sweet attitude, but I have chosen the most recent as my proof. The following is the dialogue of a conversation I had with Braden only a few nights ago. Don't worry, you can laugh; I'm sure I would have too, that is if I hadn't been the victim of his intended to be hurtful comments.
Braden: "Mama, can I have a piece of candy?"
"No, you haven't eaten all of your supper." "If you eat the rest of your supper, you can have a piece."
Then it happens, Braden gets that look on his face; you can tell his mind is racing. What is he going to say? Then out it comes.
Braden: "You are a bad girl."
"Thanks Braden."
Braden: (maybe she didn't hear me right, lets try that again)
"You are a BAD girl."
"I heard you Braden." "Thank you so much for letting me know you think I am bad."
Braden: (Is she deaf? Okay one more time.):
"YOU ARE A BAD GIRL!"
"Braden, I told you I heard you." "Thanks for letting me know."
Braden: (Okay, well that didn't work, plan B):
"You have a big butt."
"Yeah, I guess it is a big butt compared to your little butt."
Braden: (Will nothing work with this woman?! Time to pull out the big guns!):
You are FAT!
(That's right, he went THERE!)
"Well, I guess I do have about 5 more pounds to lose after having Emma, but I wouldn't say I was fat."
Braden: (Man, this woman is tough, let's try plan A again)
"You are a bad girl."
"I know Braden, you already told me."
Braden: (I give up! I'm just going to walk away, but I'll be back to fight another day; you better watch out WOMAN, next time I will be better prepared)
(Don't worry, I'll be ready)
I guess I'll have to be ready, because as I type this Braden is at preschool picking up more knowledge and a whole lot of attitude; I still think the pros still far outweigh the cons, and as far as his attitude I say,
"Bring it on little boy, my family doesn't call me sassy for nothing!"
* As a sweet afterthought, Braden does have a peacemaker spirit, and he usually comes to apologize later in the day; he is so much like his Daddy was as a child.
Posted by
Carrie Maseda
at
9:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment