Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh, you know you do sooo want to be ME!!!!!!!!!

Title sound a little cocky, don't worry I am not on an ego trip, I am just responding to a woman at Wal-mart. Today, Brooke, Emma, and I went to Wal-mart to purchase food for Thanksgiving Dinner. We will be having: Cajun Turkey (mmm, made by Kroger; hey let them make the turkey, I'll do the rest), creamy potatoes, scalloped sweet potatoes with apples, tender sweet yeast rolls, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans, and cornbread and sausage dressing. Anyway, back to my story, as many of you can imagine going to Wal-mart with a 2 year old (almost 3) and a 7 month old isn't the easiest thing to do (Braden luckily was in school, Hallelujah); it requires patience, prayer, endurance, and chanting in your head 'endure to the end, endure to the end' also helps. Well, I survived the trip, had just finished paying for our goodies, and was attempting to find my keys and leave the store with a sleeping Emma in my arms and my sassy princess at my side when I saw a woman look my way and exclaim to her friend (did she really not think I could hear her?!), "I'm sure glad I'm not her." Well, sister, I'm glad you're not me too! I'm glad I get to be the mother to my 3 beautiful, energetic, crazy children. I'm glad I am the one who gets to be in the trenches everyday working hard to mold them into the amazing adults they will become. I'm glad that I am the one who gets to: read the stories, kiss the boo boos, sing the lullabies, wipe the dirty faces, say the prayers for guidance, answer the endless barrage of questions, make the treats for school parties, go on the field trips, remind them to always say please and thank you, tell them its okay to scream in the house only if there is a fire or if they are being attacked, tell them that if they are going to burp at the table it needs to be followed with an excuse me, kiss them on their sweet faces morning, noon, and night, be the one to applaude their accomplishments, be the one to help them learn from their mistakes, encourage their creativity, help expand their imagination, cook the endless number of meals, buy the clothes, wash the clothes, dance with them around the kitchen, and be the one who at the end of the day hears the sweet words, "I love you Mama!" I personally couldn't imagine a better life! To top it all off, I have a stud by my side supporting me in all that I do and loving me for who I am and not for what he would want me to be! So, I say to all the sadly misinformed women in Wal-mart,

"You know you soooooooo want to be ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

3 comments:

Pamelia said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful tribute to motherhood. Maybe the woman's tactless comment was meant to be overheard so that you could write this fantastic post and perhaps encourage some other moms who might be feeling a little overwhelmed.

Carrie Maseda said...

Thank you both; I have to admit I did have fun writing this blog post. It made me even more grateful that I get to be a mother, and that I have the opportunity to also stay home with my cuties.

The Cutie Patooties