Envelope Please, The Award for Father and Husband of the Year goes to (drum roll)
Rich Maseda.
Speech speech!
That Rich Maseda must be some great guy; I sure wish I could be married to somebody like that, oh yeah, I am!
Seriously though, lately I have just been more and more aware and in awe of what a fantastic father and husband Rich is and how patient he is with our children. Yesterday, I was at church all day for a huge craft day I had planned for the women and young women at church, so that meant Rich had all of the cuties all day! Most husbands would be stark raving mad by the end of a day with their children, but Rich had whipped our kids and the house into shape. I came home expecting to see a complete disaster, but instead I was greeted by a clean kitchen, a clean living room, vacuumed and steam cleaned floors, washed, dried, and folded clothes, and 1 child down for their nap, and 2 getting ready to take theirs. What could be better than that?! I began to wonder, "Is this real?" "How can I be so lucky to have such an incredible husband?" Just when I thought it couldn't get any better my sweet pillar of perfection looked at me and said, "You can go lay down and take a nap if you want to."
Every day when I say my prayers I thank Heavenly Father for sending Rich into my life; I consider having him as my eternal companion one of the greatest blessings I have ever received. It is amazing when you meet the right one and everything just seems to fit into place. I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else by my side. His weaknesses are my strengths, and my weaknesses are his strengths; we truly compliment each other. I love his sense of humor, his quick wit, his intelligence, and I love how his eyes light up when he smiles! The cuties and I are lucky to have him in our life.
As I watch him with our children, I feel even more blessed that he is the one I get to have children with; they absolutely adore their father and for good reason.
This slideshow is for you BABY!












1 comments:
Carrie, This is quite a tribute, and it's all true. Rich is quite a guy, and we're all fortunate to have him as a family member. He's my favorite son-in-law! The pictures are so cool too. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment