Monday, October 8, 2007

What was he thinking?!

I guess I blogged a little too soon on Sunday, because later Rich decided he too wanted to help me out with some material for my blog; my family is so thoughtful. As many of you know, Rich often gets some crazy idea, 5 out of 10 times only sounding good to himself, like the time he fed a lizard to the huge spider that had taken up residence outside of our kitchen window. Okay, that time I was the only one who didn't think it was a good idea; Braden and Brooke thought it was grossly fascinating and watched right along with Rich. I found it cruel, knowing that a lizard would rarely if ever find itself in that predicament without help from a third party; now, if it would have been a roach he fed to the spider, I would have been part of the cheering section. Last night, I however was not cheering and neither were the children, but I have to admit that I got some amusement from Braden's and Brooke's reactions. Rich, being the let's just see what happens type of guy, decided that when he found an earthworm in the backyard it would be fun to bring it into the house. You may be asking yourself, "What would possess him to do that?!" Sometimes there are no answers to that question, except that Rich will always be a little boy at heart. I must also point out that this is the same man who as a boy hid a snake in his poor unsuspecting sister's bed for shock effect, so finding an earthworm outside and not bringing it in the house was just not an option. His thinking, 'I wonder what Emma would do if she saw this?' 'I wonder if Braden and Brooke would like this?' 'Probably not, but their reactions sure will be funny.' 'I bet Carrie is really going to freak out; oh, this is going to be fun!' So, Rich walks into the house and over to the couch where I am holding Emma; I look at his face and immediately know that he is up to something, and then I see it. I am trapped; he leans over the couch to supposedly show it to Emma when the worm falls out of his hand and lands on me, at which point I very enthusiastically exclaim that he is to get that slimy, nasty worm off of me, which he does, but at a snail's pace for amusement's sake. We then put Emma on the floor, so he can show it to just her. Emma by the way loved it, but she thought it was food; she kept trying to put it in her mouth, which made Braden and Brooke hysterical (don't worry, I made sure that nasty worm didn't go into Emma's mouth)! They kept screaming that they didn't want Emma to eat it and to get out of their house! Finally, after Rich had gotten his fill of entertainment at our sake's and before Emma squished the worm to death, he returned the worm to where he belongs and needs to stay! There is never a dull moment in the Maseda household; my husband and my children make sure of that!

1 comments:

jayne bowers said...

Even though this is a little disconcerting, I'm glad you decided to blog about it so that you'll remember the entire event. It's amazing how many things are forgotten, but a few words and pictures can bring it back.

The Cutie Patooties