My children are very accommodating; they know how vital it is that I have subject matter for my blog, and they aim to please! Today it was Brooke who came to my rescue and added a little adventure and surprise to my day. Picture this if you will, Rich, Brooke, Braden, Emma, and I are all at church listening to the talks during General Conference. They are a little restless, but otherwise everything is running fairly smoothly. I have been touched by the spirit many times during the talks and am feeling good about life; I sit quietly as I anticipate the next speaker. Who is next up I wonder? Oh good, it is the General Relief Society President. As I listen to her discuss how it is noble to want to be a mother and how one of the greatest things we can do is be a mother and affect eternity, I am filled with feelings of gratitude that I have the opportunity to be a mother. I contemplate how many more sweet spirits are going to join our family, and I feel inspired to do even more to make sure my children feel loved and treasured. About this time my thoughts are interrupted with the phrase, "Mama, I have to go to the bathroom." Being on the mother high I am currently on, I look sweetly at Brooke and say, "Okay, let's go." (Imagine little birds flying near and deer and animals coming out of the woods to be with me because of my sweet Snow White like countenance). Well, Brooke and I walk to the bathroom, we enter the bathroom, and I ask, "Do you need any help?" (Those that know Brooke and her bathroom history probably have an inkling where this story is headed). Brooke quickly states, "No mama, I can do it by myself." For a brief second, I think I should probably help her get on the toilet, but it was a second too late. The horror of what is happening hits me as I hear Brooke scream out, "No!", and hear the unmistakable sound of pee splashing onto the linoleum. Thanks to aforementioned talk, I am in a relatively calm and laid back mood; Brooke and I work as a team and quickly clean up the mess and quietly return to our seats to attempt to enjoy the rest of General Conference, while I think to myself, 'At least I have some good material for my blog.'
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
You're a terrific writer! I can just see you and Brooke sauntering together towards the bathroom as you look down at her with tenderness and love. That bird singing and Snow White countenance phrase was too much...translation, great writing.
Thanks for the compliment; it means a lot coming from a published author like yourself.
I thought you were going to say she fell in. I don't know which is worse. I admire your attitude!!
Post a Comment