Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hat or Wig, you be the judge

I know you aren't supposed to laugh at your children, but I couldn't help it! I took one look at Emma in the new hat I knitted for her and busted out laughing; I guess by laughing at her though I also laughed at myself, since I am the one who made the hat. A couple weeks ago I went to my neighbor's house to learn how to knit using a round loom; I think I am trying to see how many new things I can learn in one year. Anyway, I thought it would be a great idea to make Brooke and Emma matching hats and scarves, and I started with Emma's. As I was making her hat, I envisioned my two sweet girls wearing their matching hats and scarves and taking tons of adorable pictures. I thought about the oooooos and aaaaahhhs they would get when they wore their made by Mama creations, so when I finally finished Emma's hat I couldn't wait to try it on her.

Drumroll please, I now present to you Emma Maseda sporting her new custom made knitted hat, hey wait, is that a hat or a wig?!

Okay, be honest, wouldn't you have laughed?! Instead of looking like the sweet angel I envisioned, she looks like a baby rocking out in her pink wig. Oh well, note to self: not a good idea to use fuzzy hairy yarn on a hat you are making for someone who has no hair, because it will look more like a wig. Oh well, lesson learned.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Okay, I'll admit it. I laughed. However, since I'm always trying to turn a negative into a positive, I must say that I'm very impressed with your newfound ability to knit in the first place. I could never master it no matter how hard I tried or who the teacher was. Your great Grandmother Padgett was a whiz at knitting and crocheting and lots of other neat types of crafty things. Another good thing is that we get to see how Emma would look with hair...even if it's pink.

Anonymous said...

What did you do to my marshmallew baby!!! I have to say that I laughed too! It was a good start to my day. Love ya!

Mike and Erin said...

Yes!!! I laughed too!! That is too funny and too cute!

Pamelia said...

Oh Yes!!! I laughed also. This is the cutiest picture that I've seen in a long time. Keep trying Carrie

The Cutie Patooties