Tonight we had the Halloween Activity at church; we showed up almost 40 minutes late, but hey we were there. Rich was in Fernandina Beach, FL at a golf tournament, so I had the cuties all day. I had to cook chili, make a certificate, make blue ribbons, get the cuties ready and dressed, and we made edible eyeballs also. I think I should get a trophy for just making it to the activity at all, especially when I was ready to throw in the towel after Brooke starting removing parts of her outfit after I had gotten her dressed; then we get loaded up in the car ready to go, and what is this, Brooke has no shoes. Back into the house, and the hunt is on; where are those BLACK shoes?! Okay, found them, back to the car, put them on her feet, buckle her in, we're set, wait, I forgot to get the eyeballs out of the freezer, back into the house, get the eyeballs, back to the van, okay now we're ready. Back out of the driveway, going down the street; oh no, we forgot the certificate, turn around, run into the house, get the certificate, take a deep breath, count to 10, and start again. Finally at almost 6:40, we arrive in one piece ready to enjoy the time that is left. In retrospect, I am glad we were late, we still had enough time to do everything; I think if we would have been there earlier, the cuties would have gotten bored and restless. Instead, they had a great time playing games, watching the performances, eating the goodies, going on a hayride, and getting our picture taken (I really should do better at getting myself ready if I know a camera might be involved; I have had the pull my hair back thing going on the last couple weeks). Finally the festivities had come to an end, and it was time to go; oh no, how in the world am I going to get all of these kids, my crockpot, and all of the paraphernalia that comes with kids into the van (I sure wish Emma knew how to walk). The dread is starting to close in, I am trying to keep the tears at bay, when I see her, my hero, Pamelia. In my head the music starts to play and I hear the words, "Here she comes to save the day, SUPER PAMELIA, SUPER PAMELIA! Pamelia and her reinforcements swoop in, lighten my load, and help me safely and quickly load all of my belongings and my adorable children into the van. Another job well done by Super Pamelia and her reinforcements. And who said there is no such thing as super heroes?!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Halloween Festival
Posted by
Carrie Maseda
at
8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment