Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pillowcase Dresses


Well, I finally found the time to attempt the pillowcase dresses, and I am pretty pleased with the results.  Are they perfect? No.  Do I want you to look terribly close at my stitches? No.  Do I notice things that bother me? Yes.  Am I a professional seamstress? No.  Nonetheless, I am really proud of myself; it feels good to have created dresses that my girls can actually wear out in public.  It also makes me want to learn sooooo much more about sewing!  Bring on the projects, and bring on the creative juices!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Awesome! Those look so cute! Good job!

Beth said...

Those dresses are way cute! Where did you find the instructions? Or was it a pattern? Good job Carrie!

Jayne said...

I love these! Granny would be so proud of you and your creations.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely! Can't wait to see pictures of the girls wearing them!

The Cutie Patooties