Saturday, March 29, 2008

Symbol of Sibling Love


This appears to be a simple toy sea turtle, and not an especially attractive one. In our family it is a symbol of sibling love and sacrifice. This is a picture of the turtle that Braden got Emma for her birthday, the turtle he hid in his room for months in anticipation of the day he could bestow his carefully selected gift, the turtle he moved from hiding place to hiding place for fear that Emma would find it and ruin the surprise, and the turtle which he used his hard earned money to buy, the money he used not on himself but his sister; that is what makes this a gift of sacrifice, a symbol of sibling love.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Braden is the sweetest!!

Anonymous said...

Now I need to hear the rest of this sweet story: What was the reaction of Miss Emma Elizabeth?

I am LoW said...

Just checking your blog to see if your husband was right .......

he wasn't.

haha!!

Carrie Maseda said...

Braden really is a sweetheart, and to make his sacrifice even better, Emma loved the turtle. I think she loves it because she likes to chew on it.

I am LoW said...

Slacker! Post already!!!

:-P~

Carrie Maseda said...

Okay, Lorinda, just for you, I stayed up and added 2 new posts; enjoy! :)

Connie said...

What a sweet, sweet child!!!

The Cutie Patooties