These are pictures of Braden helping me get ready for Emma's birthday; Saturday night he helped me season the hamburger meat, and Sunday he helped me by scraping the cream or creme ? off the oreos and then chopping them up in our mini food chopper. (If you notice he is wearing the same shirt; he LOVES his Spiderman tank top, as you can tell.) He also helped to color the toothpicks green and handed me the gumdrops for tulip creation. Braden is such a sweet child; he is so giving, and he is always thinking of things to do for other people or coming into the kitchen and saying, "Mama, can I help you?" He likes being in the kitchen so much helping me cook, that I started mini cooking lessons. Earlier this week I taught him how to make scrambled eggs, and Saturday we reviewed the fine art of seasoning hamburger meat to make a juicy and delicious hamburger, both lessons taught to me as a child by my daddy. I don't think he is quite ready to learn the fine art of creating the perfect batch of Spaghetti a la Daddy, but he will get there. In the meantime, we will continue to have that special time cooking, teaching, learning, talking, and making memories; Braden's giving nature is a great example for everyone around him, including his family!
Helping get the "dirt" ready for Emma's garden cake












0 comments:
Post a Comment