Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend in South Carolina

Well, every year Conway has a Christmas parade the second Saturday in December; I loved going to the parade as a child: hoping that candy would be thrown my way, watching to see if I saw any of my friends in the parade, and enjoying the show. I of course want to share this same tradition with my own children, so Rich and I headed back to Conway this past weekend. Saturday morning we went to the parade; it was so nice being in Conway again and watching the parade. I think Brooke and Braden liked getting the candy the most. Emma enjoyed the bands and the music the most; she started bopping up and down every time she heard it. Rich however spent most of the time playing games on his crackberry, except when the shriners were driving their crazy little cars around. Saturday afternoon Rich and I met Amanda and Paul at the river walk, so I could take some engagement pictures for them (see the blog post beneath this one). I think they got some good ones to choose from; I just hope they feel the same. Saturday night Elizabeth and Daddy watched all 3 children, so Rich and I could actually have a date. It was heavenly! Rich and I went out to eat and to see Enchanted, which was really a cute movie. My favorite part of the date was that I had Rich all to myself for 4 glorious hours; we laughed, we talked, and we squeezed in some kissing, but the best part was that there were absolutely NO interruptions! Sunday I went to church with Elizabeth, while Rich stayed home with our 3 sickly children; Braden, Brooke, and Emma were all sick by Sunday morning, and Braden and Emma had fevers. Sunday afternoon Amanda and Paul came over to Elizabeth's house, where we ate lunch, took some more pictures, went through some Christmas decorations, and enjoyed each other's company. It was a great weekend, and fun was had by all!

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties