Do the potty dance, do the potty dance! Braden went poop in the potty! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH! No, I have not lost my mind; I am just another victim of potty training induced insanity! I wonder if they don't warn you about the horrors of potty training while you are considering having children, because they know that many of us would run screaming from the possibility. I of course would have been one of those brave and crazy souls that decided to take the chance and then tried to rethink my decision when I was knee deep in poop stained underwear, but by then it would be too late. I'm obviously joking; I love being a mom, but I think if I see another pair of underwear filled with poop or have to once again pose the question to my 4 year old, "Where do we poop, in our underwear or in our potty?", I think the potty training induced insanity may be here to stay. Seriously though, Braden and Brooke are making huge progress; Braden does great going pee pee in the potty, but he can't seem to want to do the same thing with his poop. While at a friend's house today, he pooped, but only because I saw the grunting face, ran him to the bathroom, and convinced him to sit there until something came out. I then proceeded to dance around like a crazy person, hoping that all of the positive praise would make him want to repeat the performance later, but no dice; Braden I hate to say has not repeated the performance, but he has shared poop with his underwear since then. Brooke on the other hand, loves to poop in the potty; she also likes to look at it and tell us what it looks like. To date, she has made a snake, an airplane, a pancake, a frog, and a really big snake. Brooke also likes to announce that her body is telling her it needs to go to the bathroom. There will be relative calm in the house when all of a sudden you hear, "My body says it has to go!" I then of course yell, "Run, girl, run, listen to that body." Brooke and Braden also have both been known to announce (quite loudly) in church during sacrament, after returning from a successful trip to the bathroom, "I go pee pee A LOT!" I know this potty training insanity will end, but as soon as it does, it will start again with Emma. I'm sure glad I love these children with everything that I have, or I don't think I would have agreed to this craziness!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment