Well, I survived the weekend. Friday was Brooke's 2nd birthday, but we spent most of the day in the doctor's office waiting to get another ultrasound of Emma. We discovered that Emma is a
very healthy girl; on Friday I was 29 weeks and 1 day, but with all the measurments they took: head, bone length, etc. she measured 30 weeks and 2 days. My mama asked if maybe they just got my due date wrong, but Emma has been right on target for her due date until now; I just think she is going to be a strong healthy girl. Maybe she will come a little early like Braden and Brooke; as long as it isn't more than 2 weeks early, you won't hear me complaining. At the end of the ultrasound, the technician printed out a picture for Braden and Brooke; Brooke kissed it as soon as she got it. Brooke is our little fireball. Saturday we had her birthday party, and she loved it! She love
d being the birthday princess and being the center of attention. I was worried about entertaining the children for the party, but they loved it! We had sidewalk chalk, several balls, Braden's basketball hoop, a wagon, the sandbox, a long tunnel, and a pool filled with bubbles and varying wands (including a hula hoop) in the backyard for them to play with, and they were content just to stay in the back and play. It took some convincing to get everyone inside to eat and open presents, because they didn't want to stop playing. Brooke had a ball; most of her guests were boys, but she didn't care. As long as someone wants to play, she doesn't care if it is a boy or girl. In fact, the one girl we did invite, she didn't play with at all. I have to admit I found some humor in the fact that almost all of the guests were boys, and that they ate star sandwiches, c
hips, a Princess cake, and ice cream on pink plates and wiped their mouths with pink napkins; it didn't seem to bother them at all though. The party was definitely a success, but I am glad it is over! Now Braden wants to talk about planning his party. He has informed me that he also wants a princess cake, but I don't think that will go over well with Rich. I guess I have a lot of work to do before his party, because I can just imagine the look on Rich's face now. Maybe I can convince Braden that bugs are the way to go, and I have a recipe for a very easy bug cake. I need an easy cake after the princes
s cake, which luckily turned out decent though I had my doubts along the way. At least I got to use my new tip once, before Rich killed it in the garbage disposal; oh well, at least they're not expensive. Little by little I would love to get tips and such and learn how to really decorate cakes. I guess I will add cake decorating to my list of things I want to try and learn. Oh, I also forgot to mention that Brooke helped to make her cake, in between dancing to the Happy F
eet soundtrack that we have; the girl does have rhythm!
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comments:
Carrie,
Thanks so much for starting this blog. For those of us who love you guys so much and don't get to see you nearly enough, the pictures and your comments are wonderful. Plus, it's a neat way for you to keep a diary of the little everyday things that happen in the Maseda household(something we've been talking about).
Post a Comment