Brooke is going to be 2 on Friday, though she continues to tell Rich and I that she is going to be indeed 3 and not 2. Yesterday she, Braden, and I went to Savannah to get goodies for her party; we got some bubbles, a couple big balls, some streamers, things we need to make her cake with, and some color tablets for the bath tub. I looked and looked trying to figure out what to get the birthday guests for favors, but nothing seemed to be just right; everything seemed to either costs more money than I was willing to spend or it was something that I thought would be thrown to the side as soon as the party was over. I finally decided to get
color bath tablets; I just got 2 containers, and I will separate them into little ziplock bags for each child and put a pretty index card topper on each along with directions. Brooke's cake is going to be one of those doll cakes, where you use a bowl to make the dress; I tried to gear her towards others, but she wanted no part of it. The dress is going to be pink with glitter; I also felt brave and bought a couple tips to use to decorate the dress. If the cake turns out decent, I'll post a picture later, and if not, we will eat the cake so fast so no one has time to get a good look at it. Rich and I thought an hour and a half was plenty time for a party: get them in, play, eat, open presents, and say thanks for coming. If weather permits, we are going to set up a pool full of bubbles with large bubble wands in the back along with balls to throw, a tunnel to climb through, and they will have the sandbox. I may plan a couple games as well, but my goal is to keep the chaos outside. Brooke brings up her party almost every day, so I think she is excited. She also got a birthday card from her Grandad Crolley today, which she announced with attitude was indeed hers and we were not to touch; it was a Cinderella card, whom she refers to as pretty girl. All of the princesses: Little Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, etc. are all called pretty girls. Braden, and his party loving self, is also excited; he is already asking when his party is going to be. When we went to Party City he was pointing out things he wanted for his party; that kid loves to have a good time. In fact, today we went visiting teaching, and he was having such a fun time socializing he kept saying no go home, no go home, when it was finally time to leave. If Braden and Brooke had their way, we would leave the house in the morning, go visit everyone we know along with everyone we don't know, come home late, go to bed, and get up in the morning and do it again. I sure love those children of mine, but boy do they have a lot of energy!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment