Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Quirky, Creative, Imaginative, Unique, or Just Plain Crazy??

This, as you know, is my sweet, adorable Emma.  To say she is an original would be an understatment!  Emma dances to the beat of her own drum, but boy can she dance!  Luckily, we also happen to love that little beat!

Sometimes I do wonder if she is a little crazy, okay, a lot crazy!
I often ask myself, quirky, creative, imaginative, unique,
or just plain crazy?

A few days ago, she demonstrated all of them; let me explain.

Again, here is Emma.
What could she be pinching or holding between her fingers? 
Hmmm, I see a little black. 
What could that possibly be? 

Upon further inspection, you would discover, that she is holding a fly, a dead fly in fact!

Anyone else wondering if she is imaginative or just crazy?!

Wait, it gets better! 

I thought I would write down the random things she said during her playtime with her new "pet". 

"This fly is cute."
"He's not big like me."
"I don't want the fly to grow up, because I'll be sad!"
"This fly has friends."
"It's tickling me."
"This fly is alive."
"This fly is sick."
"This fly is dead."
"I killed it last night."
"I got the fly swatter and killed it."
"Flies eat poop.  I can't eat poop, because that is gross!"

After a little persuading and bribing with lunch, I convinced Emma to put her little "pet" into the trash can and wash her hands.

I still don't have an answer to what is the perfect word to describe my little dancer, but I know she is one of a kind!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some drum playing to do; Emma can't dance without a good beat!

Dance girl, dance!



1 comments:

Jayne said...

She's definitely one of a kind! I love this sweet picture.

The Cutie Patooties