Thursday, June 17, 2010

Party for Jesus

See this cute, dimpled thing? 

This would be my sweet as can be son, who announced last Sunday that we were going to have a Jesus party.  Braden explained that we needed to have a party for Jesus to thank him for everything he has done for us, and because he loves us so much! Considering that Sunday was almost over when he made this grand announcement, I told him we would have to postpone the Jesus party until next Sunday (which was this past Sunday).  So, last Monday we put Jesus party on our calendar for Sunday, but alas I forgot.  Luckily my husband and son both gently reminded me as I was leaving church, so I came home and baked a cake per Braden's instructions.  He said it should have a heart on it to show Jesus how much we love him.

Braden also planned the festivities for the party, with a little help from Rich.  To begin the party, we first ate supper (Chicken Parmesan deliciousness), and then we each went around the table saying something we loved about Jesus and/or some way we could be more like Jesus.  After listening to my children's sweet words, we each helped ourselves to a nice size piece of cake, but not before each one of us had to sing a song to Jesus.  Yes, it was as amusing as it sounds, especially since most of the songs were made up on the spot by the children; I bet Jesus loved it though! 

Considering that the whole reason for the party was Jesus,


it seemed only fitting that we do acts of service like Jesus did while he was on the Earth, so we all loaded up in the van (a.k.a. the swagger wagon) ready to make some special deliveries.  First on our list, a recent widowed sister from our church; we decided to bring her a big piece of our Jesus cake, and unbeknownst to me (until we were halfway there), Braden had also brought some money to give to her.  Once arriving at her house, I watched from the van (filled with two sleeping beauties and a rascal) as Rich and Braden walked up to the house.  I can't explain how proud I was of Braden and his tender heart; I know .40 may not be a lot to an adult, but for Braden that was a huge sacrifice!  You could tell as Braden climbed back into the van, his face beaming, that he also was proud of what he had done, and was ready to bring more happiness to the world!  Second on our list, was a sister at our church who had recently had a baby.  Knowing that she may need some help purchasing certain baby items, the cuties and I had gone earlier in the week and purchased some diapers and wipes for her; a Jesus party seemed a good time to deliver them. 

Well, with the goods delivered, and our hearts filled, we headed back home.  Rich placed the two sleeping beauties and the now sleeping rascal into their beds, and then Braden, Rich, and I finished out the night with a few card games.  As I sat across from Braden, I thought about what a special spirit he has, and I thought about how proud I was of him to have come up with such a great idea!  Not only was it a night to honor Jesus and all he has done for us, but it was a night of fun, a night I'm sure Braden will never forget; I know I won't! 
I admit it, I am one proud mama!



0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties