As a new year begins, many contemplate on the things they are going to change and habits they hope to adopt . It is a time of new beginnings for many, a time to look to the future and all of the possibilities that holds. When I hear the title New Beginnings I look to the past, to a time when life began anew for me, a time when the sun seemed to start shining a little brighter, a time when the birds' songs started sounded a little sweeter, a time when I felt truly alive again, and everything seemed right with the world, the day, I became a mother. As I counted each one of Braden's precious toes, kissed his sweet fingertips, and became mesmerized as I stared at his sweet innocent face, I knew it was a new beginning for me and him. After losing Spencer, though I had tried to be strong, had continued to look to Heavenly Father and Jesus for both guidance and strength, part of me had died along with him. I didn't laugh as loud, as long, or as much; I didn't embrace life with the same fervor that I always had, and I didn't trust as easily as I always had. I still lived life, trying to enjoy the little moments, but something always seemed to be missing; when Braden was born, the puzzle was complete. Having Braden was my new beginning; it was a dream fulfilled, a reawakening of my spirit, and the first step on my path of motherhood. Since that day, I have laughed more, smiled more, and enjoyed life more than I ever had before. It was a new beginning to the life I have now, a life I treasure every single day!
Monday, January 11, 2010
New Beginnings
As a new year begins, many contemplate on the things they are going to change and habits they hope to adopt . It is a time of new beginnings for many, a time to look to the future and all of the possibilities that holds. When I hear the title New Beginnings I look to the past, to a time when life began anew for me, a time when the sun seemed to start shining a little brighter, a time when the birds' songs started sounded a little sweeter, a time when I felt truly alive again, and everything seemed right with the world, the day, I became a mother. As I counted each one of Braden's precious toes, kissed his sweet fingertips, and became mesmerized as I stared at his sweet innocent face, I knew it was a new beginning for me and him. After losing Spencer, though I had tried to be strong, had continued to look to Heavenly Father and Jesus for both guidance and strength, part of me had died along with him. I didn't laugh as loud, as long, or as much; I didn't embrace life with the same fervor that I always had, and I didn't trust as easily as I always had. I still lived life, trying to enjoy the little moments, but something always seemed to be missing; when Braden was born, the puzzle was complete. Having Braden was my new beginning; it was a dream fulfilled, a reawakening of my spirit, and the first step on my path of motherhood. Since that day, I have laughed more, smiled more, and enjoyed life more than I ever had before. It was a new beginning to the life I have now, a life I treasure every single day!
Posted by
Carrie Maseda
at
7:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comments:
LOVE the beautiful photo. There is NO sweeter beginning than the birth of a child!
Post a Comment