Murphy's Law states,
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".
Anyone else sometimes have the desire to tell Murphy where he can place his precious law?!
Yesterday, I was in Kroger trying to take full advantage of the AWESOME sales they were having! All was going well, had my list ready of everything I needed; I was busily checking my coupons and counting out cans of diced tomatoes, three of my cuties were sitting in the car attached to the cart, and then Murphy and his law intervened. I was placing one of my last cans in the cart when I heard, "Ma'am, your daughter's nose is bleeding."
Bleeding?!
That would be an understatement!
It was gushing, pouring, spewing profusely!
I think you get the point.
Well, after quickly assessing the situation, and saying a quick prayer for patience and strength in my head, I rummaged in my diaper bag for some wipes.
No wipes?!!!
Are you serious?!!!
I always have wipes!
Why of all days do I not have wipes?!!
That darn Murphy and his law!
About this time, a kind and sympathetic man came walking down the aisle and saw my predicament; at this point I was thinking I would just have to sacrifice a diaper and place it on her nose, but my kindly benefactor handed me a paper towel.
Hallelujah!
Do you hear the angels singing?
Well, maybe humming; the paper towel still didn't prove big enough to clean up all of the blood, but it was a start. Luckily, LaNae (my saintly friend) and I were shopping together on this fateful day, and she just happened to have napkins in her purse.
What is that? I think the angels are starting to sing!
Well, I finally got her cleaned up, realized that I would probably be kissing her blood stained clothes goodbye, and proceeded to finish shopping.
Mr. Murphy can write all the laws he wants, but it's not going to get me or my little fighter down.
My sweet, feisty fighter (a.ka. Emma) and I say,
"Bring it on Murphy, a little bloody nose isn't enough to get me down, not for long!"
(notice the optimism, there was nothing little about the blood)
"Mr. Murphy, I hope you are paying attention!
Look at that face, if I was you, I would be afraid, very afraid!"













0 comments:
Post a Comment