Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Matter of Perspective

Ever have one of those,
Aargh I'm going to kill my husband moments?!!!
Yesterday morning I had one of those, or so I thought. As I began to pull shirt after shirt out of the washing machine, discovering with every retrieval, that my husband had not in fact shouted any of the children's clothes, which if you can only imagine, is a necessity not an option, at least if you want to salvage their clothing, I began to get more aggravated with every visible stain. Not wanting to have to buy new wardrobes for my children, I begrudgingly took all of the wet shirts over to the sink along with my trusty bottle of Shout and got to work, thinking critical thoughts as I worked.

'Why didn't he just Shout these? How did he not see ALL of these stains?!!!'


As these not so loving thoughts were going through my mind, and being muttered under my breath, something changed.

I began to think,


'If Rich wouldn't have washed clothes this weekend, I wouldn't have had a blue uniform shirt for Braden to wear this morning; he really saved my butt! It sure was sweet of Rich to even try to help me do the clothes. Rich helps me a lot. He even had the children help clean up the house Saturday, which allowed me to go to Heather's baby shower, completely kid free! Rich is really a great father to our children; he takes special one on one time with them, and he truly cares about them. He takes time to read to them, play with them, talk with them, read scriptures with them, pray with them, and help discipline them; I don't think they could have a better father! Rich is also a great husband! He loves me dearly, plans sweet surprises for me, twirls me around the kitchen, worries and prays for me on hard days, truly is my best friend, makes me laugh, makes me feel cherished and treasured, and still inspires me to want to be a better person! Rich not only serves his family but so many others. He serves with great dedication and love to all those at church, as he counsels and teaches; being a Bishop can't be an easy job! Rich also works hard at his day to day job, insuring we are well taken care of and our needs are met. Now he is even going to be Brooke's soccer coach, so she doesn't have to miss out on playing! I am very lucky and blessed to have such a prize for a husband!'

I guess when all the facts are laid out, a few ruined shirts are pretty insignifcant in the grand scheme of things; I suppose sometimes it is just a matter of perspective!

8 comments:

Jayne said...

Great post, Sweetie. Sunday afternoon Katherine asked me if Rich was as perfect as he seemed, and I answered emphatically, "YES."

Melinda said...

So true! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I throw all the laundry in without the Shout and see what makes it through clean, and then I Shout the ones that are still stained and wash them again.

You are a blessed woman to have such a great husband. Not that mine is bad, but just saying good men are hard to find! Sometimes you have to resort to the internet to find them! :)

Melinda said...

So true! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I throw all the laundry in without the Shout and see what makes it through clean, and then I Shout the ones that are still stained and wash them again.

You are a blessed woman to have such a great husband. Not that mine is bad, but just saying good men are hard to find! Sometimes you have to resort to the internet to find them! :)

Melinda said...

So true! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I throw all the laundry in without the Shout and see what makes it through clean, and then I Shout the ones that are still stained and wash them again.

You are a blessed woman to have such a great husband. Not that mine is bad, but just saying good men are hard to find! Sometimes you have to resort to the internet to find them! :)

Melinda said...

So true! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I throw all the laundry in without the Shout and see what makes it through clean, and then I Shout the ones that are still stained and wash them again.

You are a blessed woman to have such a great husband. Not that mine is bad, but just saying good men are hard to find! Sometimes you have to resort to the internet to find them! :)

Melinda said...

So true! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I throw all the laundry in without the Shout and see what makes it through clean, and then I Shout the ones that are still stained and wash them again.

You are a blessed woman to have such a great husband. Not that mine is bad, but just saying good men are hard to find! Sometimes you have to resort to the internet to find them! :)

Melinda said...

So true! If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I throw all the laundry in without the Shout and see what makes it through clean, and then I Shout the ones that are still stained and wash them again.

You are a blessed woman to have such a great husband. Not that mine is bad, but just saying good men are hard to find! Sometimes you have to resort to the internet to find them! :)

Postak Family said...

My brother's a stud!:)

The Cutie Patooties