Sunday, August 30, 2009

Favorite People

While reviewing what the children learned at church today, Braden explained that his teacher asked them each who their favorite person in their family was (you would think it would be his always sacrificing mama, but no), and he said his was Emma. When I asked him why he selected Emma as his favorite, he explained it was because she is always fun; he also said he likes when she copies whomever is praying.

After asking Braden, I got curious; I wonder what Brooke would say, so I posed the question to my little Priss. I thought, maybe she will remember all I do, all I sacrifice; I wait with baited breath, hoping to hear the angels sing as she speaks Mama. Alas, the name Colton falls off of her tongue, and my hopes are dashed. Again I investigate, asking why she chose her youngest brother. Why did I once again get passed up?! Upon further research, I learn Colton was chosen due to his sweetness, his cuteness, and for his infectious laughter and smile. Yeah, he was definitely a worthy opponent!

Not completely defeated, I turn to my sweet Emma, and again pose the same question. Realizing quickly, that Emma doesn't understand the word favorite, I rephrase the question, "Who do you like the best?"


Emma looks at me, with those big blue eyes (no wonder Braden picked her), and sweetly says,


"Jesus!"



This time no investigating was necessary.


1 comments:

Karmen said...

The babies will always win! They are just too cute! Emma's answer just means you're doing a good job as a mom!

The Cutie Patooties