Monday, September 24, 2007

The Surprise that Wasn't


The Surprise that Wasn't, oh how that title fits this weekend so perfectly. Rich and I went home back to South Carolina this weekend for what was supposed to be a surprise party for my Daddy, but alas, several people spilled the beans, beginning with my Grandmama. I guess the only way to keep a secret is to not tell anyone, but then how do you get anyone to the appointed place at the appointed time? Either way, Daddy had a great time! What better way to celebrate the big 6-0 than surrounded by family?! Saturday we went out to eat at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville at Broadway at the Beach, and then we went back to Paul's apartment to open presents, eat cake, and show Daddy the DVD I made just for his birthday. I think it was all a success, because Daddy loved it! All the work and the late nights getting ready for everything were for him, and when I saw how happy he was, it was all worth it; it was even worth the big ugly bags I have under my eyes now from lack of sleep! My Daddy has touched so many lives, and I hope after this weekend he knows that and realizes how much he is loved!

1 comments:

jayne bowers said...

Carrie, I know he appreciates all of your hard work and the effort it took to get your gang to Myrtle Beach for the festivities. You're so creative, so I know he loved the DVD.

The Cutie Patooties