My mama keeps telling me that I need to write down all the things the children do in a journal, but journaling is not exactly a strong point for me; in fact, I don't even know if my own journal knows that I got pregnant let alone had Emma. Well, I finally decided I needed to heed her motherly advice and conquer my journaling weakness, so Friday night Rich and I went to Wal-mart, and I bought 3 beautiful turquoise notebooks; I thought their beauty might inspire me. My goal is to start each journal with a description of each child, and then from then on write a little tidbit every day, sometimes just a couple sentences and sometimes several paragraphs. I also have recruited Rich in on my mission; I told him that both of us could write in the journal, because they will love to look back and read thoughts from their father as well. My goal is also to write the journal addressing each child, so they will feel like we are talking to them; I hope the journals will end up being something they treasure throughout the years, and I hope this will give me a kick in the butt to get better at writing in my own journal. I can blog all day, but I can't seem to take my pink journal out of the drawer beside my bed.
The first journal entry in Brooke's journal:
You are a vivacious, sassy, prissy, beautiful 2 1/2 year old. You have gorgeous blond curly hair, big blue eyes, a sweet little mouth, and a petite frame. You make me laugh one minute and want to scream the next! You have a mind and a mouth that never quit, and I am constantly amazed at your vast vocabulary. You are so anxious to learn and take on the world; you never miss a thing! I can't do or say anything without you taking notice, and heaven forbid, imitating me! You keep me on my toes 24/7. I love how much you love life; the world is your oyster, and you are loved by all. With your sweet little voice, your sassy ways, and your fireball spirit you melt hearts and recruit more members to the Brooke fan club, which is great, because you are your happiest as the center of attention! In fact, it would be more accurate to say that you DEMAND attention! Your daddy and I love you to pieces, and we consider ourselves blessed that Heavenly Father let you be part of our family! You are our sassy, dramatic, funny, smart, beautiful Brooke, and you are one of a kind! We love you sweetheart, more than you can imagine!












1 comments:
This is a beautiful (both in the way it's written and in the words you use to describe your little fireball) tribute to Miss Brookie. Just so you'll know,I think that the blogging you do is a journal since it chronicles your days as a wife, mother, friend, daughter, and life traveler.
Post a Comment