Sunday, February 4, 2007

Father Son Buddy Time





This weekend Braden and Rich had a grand time. Last weekend Rich took Brooke on a daddy daughter date, so this week it was Braden's turn for one on one time. Rich took Braden fishing, out to get a hamburger at McDonalds, and to Wal-mart to get some goodies for our Superbowl party which will commence at 12:01 a.m. Monday morning. Braden was so excited getting ready to even leave the house, he could hardly contain himself. It was so cute watching him run around; he had already been telling Brooke and I all week that he was going fishing with Daddy. He said no Mommy, no Brooke, just Daddy and Braden. Of course, he also told us that he didn't want to catch any fish, and he was most certainly not going to eat any fish; he was just excited about getting time with Rich all to himself. Rich is such a good father, and he really does love those cuties of ours! I also got to spend some one on one time with Brooke; these days her favorite thing to do is help me in the kitchen. In fact, I humored Rich and made him some Southern Chicken Fried Steak this week (I typically avoid Southern and the unhealthy consequences that come along with eating it), so Brooke wanted to help me toss the cubed steak in the flour. She was pretty cute trying to lift the Ziplock bag up and flipping it over and over and then yelling out all done. As you can tell, I am in much better spirits today than last time I blogged; Rich made sure I got plenty of R&R this weekend. Friday night I went to a friend's for scrapbooking and on Saturday I went to a Stake Relief Society temple activity, followed by a little retail therapy at a Scrapbooking store in Savannah (I used self control and only bought some adhesive refills, a piece of paper, and some chipboard letters; I was very proud of myself). Rich definitely believes the statement, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't no body happy!" Well, after this weekend, I am a very happy Mama!

0 comments:

The Cutie Patooties