Last night Rich and I had an in house date night, which we are going to try to do more of; dates cost so much once you have gotten a babysitter and paid for whatever activity you have chosen for the evening, hence the in house date nights. On the calendar for last night was dinner, dancing, and a movie; I had the movie ready, the snacks were bought, and Michael Buble was all set, all that was left was dinner preparation.
On the menu for the evening:
Steak
Salad
Spicy Shrimp Stuffed Baked Potatoes
and
Trifle for dessert
With the food finally ready, we were all set for a night of fun and romance, and I was ready to do pizza and a movie next time; there is something to be said for someone else preparing your food. Of course when your husband tells you it is one of the best meals he has ever had, it makes it worth the effort, but I'm still thinking pizza should be on the menu for our next in house date!












2 comments:
That food looks so good! Come cook at my house. It would be a vast improvement! ;)
Ok, so that looks delicious. I'm not going to let David see this blog post because his expectations are going to be high for my next in home date night dinner. Last night I was going to make filet, but I ended up stopping by Sonic and buying two burgers and a lg. tots. I put it on a plate with salad and mash potatoes. It was delicious. I froze the filets for next week. Good job on the date night! I would totally love to do the dancing, but my prego body is not up for it now. We watched some American Idol instead. I hope you shared some of that trifle with your kids this morning :)
Post a Comment